We are happy to share the 3 exciting discoveries coming out of current brain research.
These findings are brought to us from 3 PhDs: Dr. Cori Bargmann, Dr. Paige Cramer and Dr. Faraz Farin. Thanks to these 3 wonderful ladies for sharing some of the more promising developments we’re seeing come out of their research trials.
- Just a few minutes of meditation may make a big difference.
- Meditation conserves the brain’s gray matter against age-related degeneration.
- Meditation preserves both the brain’s white matter (used for communication between different areas) AND gray matter (where cognition ‘happens’).
Three other excellent resources:
- Meditations Widespread Effect on How the Brain Ages
- Forever Young Meditation Might Slow the Age Related Loss of Gray Matter in the Brain
- 7 Ways Meditation Can Actually Change the Brain
Listen to Neuroscientist Sara Lazar’s talk about meditation and how it can actually change the size of key regions of our brain such as improving our memory: