The High Park Nature Centre’s Nature Elders program aims to get older adults outside in nature to exercise their bodies and minds. The two-hour program will help to inspire a connection with nature in the city while providing significant mental and physical benefits for participants. Nature Elders will also provide an opportunity to reminisce about past experiences in nature; when nature was a big part of everyday life.
By participating in the Nature Elders program, the benefits include:
- A safe and accessible place to gain a sense of independence
- Social support & community building
- Improved moods & better sleeping patterns
- Help to alleviate symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Reflective value
- Knowledge of natural history
- Improve health and well-being
- A nature experience in High Park!
- Tree-mendous Trees
- Wildflower Wander
- Birding Basics
- Exploring Grenadier Pond
*All walks follow highly accessible trails within High Park with scheduled rest stops. Walks can also be adapted to the needs of the participants.