It’s time for some spring cleaning. Gather a group of friends, family or co-workers to help clean your local playground, trail, beach, laneway or sport field.
The City of Toronto will support your clean-up efforts by providing special litter and recycling bags, and helping co-ordinate waste removal for your event.
- Friday, April 22 – Corporate & School 20-Minute Makeover
- Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24 – Community Clean-up Days
The goal for 2016 is 175,000 participants, here’s the registration numbers so far (as of April 5):
- 500 schools and 167,584 students & teachers
- 199 community events and 7,548 participants
- 114 businesses and 3,376 participants
Get involved now — choose the type of clean-up that applies to you, or join a scheduled clean-up!
Learn more, register and find out where to get your free garbage and recycling bags at livegreentoronto.ca or call 311 for details. Here’s to a cleaner, greener Toronto!
A Community News blog post
West Toronto Support Services (WTSS) is committed to engage our readers with relevant community news and access to resources, services and programs in our community. A healthy community is a diverse and connected community!
Sign-up to our news blog to receive more community news!