There are several community agencies across the GTA that offer light home maintenance such as: grass cutting, raking leaves, odd yardwork and eavestroughs cleaning. Prices are usually more affordable than private help and the agencies are non-profit or funded in part by the government.
Unfortunately, not all services are available in all parts of Toronto and rates vary by agency as-well. Some places act as brokerages for students, others use their own staff.
Below is an interactive map to help you navigate which agency services your area of Toronto. Boundaries are an approximate area.
CLICK to open
Be mindful before calling and have a list of questions and notepad ready to get all the details. Here are some questions to help you get started:
- Confirm they service your area
- What services do they provide?
- What is the cost? Flat rate, hourly with or without minimum?
- Do they use students, adults, staff or act as brokers?
- Is there a minimum amount of time needed or the size of job?
- What is the registration process?
- Are workers covered by liability insurance?
- Do you need to provide your own equipment or do they bring their own?
We’ve also listed the agencies offering Home Maintenance below with links to their website.
- UNISON Health and Community Services
- Woodgreen Community Services
- Scarborough Centre for Healthy Living
- Toronto Intergenerational Partnerships
- York Fairbanks Senior Centre
- Syme 55+ Centre
- Storefront Humber Support Services
- Warden Woods Community Centre
- Humber Services for Seniors
- Four Seasons Connection
A Community News blog post
West Toronto Support Services (WTSS) is committed to engage our readers with relevant community news and access to resources, services and programs in our community. A healthy community is a diverse and connected community!
Sign-up to our news blog to receive more community news!