The 2015-16 year has been a pivotal time for WTSS, yielding remarkable successes and exciting opportunities.
On Thursday September 15, we held our 31st Annual General Meeting at our office on 1709 Bloor St. W. 2nd. Fl. A special thank you to all Members, Volunteers, Staff and Special Guests that actively participated, including LA Centre for Active Living, Humber Community Seniors’ Services, Parkdale Golden Age Foundation, MP Arif Virani and MPP Cheri DiNovo. Our Executive Director, Thom, expertly led the meeting’s agenda complete with staff and volunteer recognition, plus a review of our financials. Updates were shared live on social media.
A quick note to recognize the newest members of our Board of Directors: Vincent Dor, Fatma Rajwani and Grace Jokinen. We’d also like to extend a big thank you to our departing board members, Brent Potts and Sarah Caldwell.
A selection of highlights:
- WTSS hit a new plateau and surpassed 100,000 hours of service involving approximately 4,200 individuals.
- Thom Burger, Executive Director, has been invited to participate on a task force of experienced leaders from influential CSS agencies to collaborate with TC-LHIN in developing an effective strategy for integrating primary care into the community setting.
- We also partnered with TC-CCAC to create an on-site ambulatory care clinic at 1709 Bloor St. W. 2nd Fl. which is scheduled to open this December.
- WTSS continues to meet consumers needs by attaining a 92% approval rating in our Annual Client Satisfaction survey
- And finally, WTSS has continued to work with the CCAC’s Right Place of Care pilot initiative over the past few years to absorb low to moderate care CCAC clients.
You can read further details and more accomplishments for the last fiscal year in our 2015/2016 Annual Report.
Please take a moment to read and view photos of the evening below.
A West Toronto Support Services (WTSS) news blog post.
Please be sure to subscribe to get news updates directly to your email inbox.
Read more about WTSS services