It’s that time of year again!
WTSS will be hosting its annual tax clinic again between Feb and April of 2017.
The program is provided in part by the CVITP (The Community Volunteer Income Tax Program) whose objective is to help eligible taxpayers who do not know how to prepare their income tax and benefit returns, and who have low to modest income and a simple tax situation.
The CVITP is a collaboration between Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and community organizations like West Toronto Support Services.
For more information about the CVITP, or to find a participating community organization other than WTSS in your area, go to www.cra.gc.ca or call the CRA at 1–800–959–8281.
WTSS Income Tax Clinic
Our free service starts soon!
The clinic runs from February 21 to April 28, 2017.
Call Shirley at (416) 653-3535 Ext. 247 to register.
- Monday to Friday
- Appointment slots available from 9:30am to 3pm.
- Location: 1709 Bloor St. W. 2nd Floor. Steps from Keele subway station (entrance off of Indian Groove)
Need a ride? Contact our main office at (416) 653-3535. (Regular fees apply)
You may be eligible if you meet these income levels:
Returns not eligible
Volunteers do not prepare returns for individuals who:
- have self-employment income
- have business or rental income and expenses
- have capital gains or losses
- have employment expenses
- file for bankruptcy
- are deceased in the year
** Remember to bring your tax
information slips and receipts **
How to get your slips
If you need to, you can get your current year and prior year old age security (OAS), employment insurance (EI) and Canada pension plan (CPP) tax slips electronically. This secure service is found by visiting Service Canada at http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/msca/tax_information.page. Or you can call at 1-800-206-7218.
Don’t leave it to the last minute! Our program fills up quickly.
This automated phone service is provided by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and provides information to individuals about their taxes. You can get personal and general tax information. Examples:
- Telerefund lets you know if your income and benefits return has been processed and when you can expect your refund. This service is available all year.
- The GST/HST credit service tells you if you’re eligible for the goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit RRSP (registered retirement savings plan) deduction limit & info.
- The Info-Tax service gives information on a number of tax topics to help you file your current-year return. It is available 24 hrs/day, 7 days a week,
Call TIPS at 1-800-267-6999
A West Toronto Support Services (WTSS) news blog post.
Please be sure to subscribe to get news updates directly to your email inbox.
Read more about WTSS services