What is the CARERS program?
The CARERS program is a therapeutic skills training designed to address the needs of family CARERS who provide care at home to individuals with dementia.
Participation in the program will help you:
- Develop more effective problem solving skills.
- Develop skills to improve communication and manage dementia related behaviours.
- Learn new ways to cope with common caregiving dilemmas.
- Feel less isolated.
Who can participate:
- You are Portuguese speaking and your family member has been given a diagnosis of dementia.
- You provide direct care to your family member.
Programming for the family member with dementia is available during the group time.
Mondays September 25 – December 4, 2017
West Neighbourhood House – 248 Ossington Ave
For more information or to register please call:
Melanie 416 532-4828 ext 146 or Noémia 416 570-14
A Community News blog post
West Toronto Support Services writes articles about events and news in the community that closely align with our agencies mission of living independently and promoting your health & wellness. Articles posted under community news don’t necessarily mean we directly endorse them – they are articles of interest that you can pursue further. We believe a healthy community is a diverse and connected community!
Sign-up to our news blog to receive more