On June 20, 2018, our government introduced the Accessible Canada Act: An Act to Ensure a Barrier-Free Canada. The Accessible Canada Act represents the most significant piece of federal legislation for the rights of persons with disabilities in over 30 years – we are finally putting “Nothing about us without us” into action, legally requiring the participation of people with disabilities in decision making that directly impacts their lives.
Join Arif Virani, MP for Parkdale-High Park for an informative Town Hall and bring your questions and comments about this critical issue.
Confirmed panel of expert guests include:
- Jeff Adams (Canadian Paralympian and a six-time world champion in wheelchair sports)
- Luke Anderson (Executive Director, Stop Gap Foundation)
- Connie Dejak (President and CEO, Runnymede Healthcare Centre)
- Nancy Smith (Accessibility and Built Forms Specialist/Building Code, Government of Ontario)
- Deborah Gold (Executive Director, Balance for Blind Adults)
- Renu Mandhane (Chief Commissioner, Ontario Human Rights Commission)
- Madeline Burghardt (Director at Large, West Toronto KEYS to INclusion)
Please register here, as space is limited.
More Information below:
A Community News blog post
West Toronto Support Services writes articles about events and news in the community that closely align with our agencies mission of living independently and promoting your health & wellness. Articles posted under community news don’t necessarily mean we directly endorse them – they are articles of interest that you can pursue further. We believe a healthy community is a diverse and connected community!
Sign-up to our news blog to receive more