Do I qualify to receive your services?
You may qualify to receive our services if you meet one or more of the conditions below:
- An adult who is 55 years of age or older
- An adult between 30 and 54 years of age with a longstanding disability *
- Must be living within our service area in West Toronto
* Definition of Longterm disability
West Toronto Support Services defines a disabled person as a person with ‘a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.’
Meaning of long-term effect
- One which has lasted at least 12 months;
- is likely to last 12 months; or
- is likely to last for the rest of the person’s life.
Meaning of day-to-day activity
This is not defined, but covers activities people do on a daily or regular basis such as shopping, reading and writing, talking, social activities, caring for oneself and others (washing, getting dressed, eating etc), walking and travelling by various forms of transport.
If you’re not sure you qualify or live outside our service area, call and ask for our Intake department, (416) 653-3535.
They will be happy to answer your questions and assist you in finding the support you require.