Do these describe your needs?
• I need help with bathing
• I need help with food shopping
• I need help with cleaning around my home.
• I’d like someone to check on me periodically
• I need a ride to a medical or social appointment
• I’d like to receive hot meals delivered to my door
• I’m looking for advice for further support and services
• I’d like someone to deliver fresh fruits and vegetables so I can do my own cooking.
Please check our full list of services.
To talk to someone directly, please call our Intake Department at (416) 653-3535 or (416) 249-7946
Do I qualify to receive your services?
You may qualify to receive our services if you meet one or more of the conditions below:
1. An adult who is between 30 & 54 years of age with a longstanding disability.*
2. Must be living within our service area in West Toronto.
If you’re not sure you qualify or live outside our service area, please call our Intake department, (416) 653-3535 or (416) 249-7946
*Definition of Longterm disability
West Toronto Support Services defines a disabled person as a person with ‘a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.’
Meaning of long-term effect
- One which has lasted at least 12 months;
- is likely to last 12 months; or
- is likely to last for the rest of the person’s life.
Meaning of day-to-day activity
This is not defined, but covers activities people do on a daily or regular basis such as shopping, reading and writing, talking, social activities, caring for oneself and others (washing, getting dressed, eating etc), walking and travelling by various forms of transport.
Living independently can be challenging and emotionally stressful in times of need. Our services are committed to supporting you.
To learn more about WTSS, read About Us.