The Respite Care Service offers support and stimulation in the home of frail and/or disabled individuals who cannot be safely left alone. It is ideal for family, friends or anyone looking after the needs of another who may need relief from their caregiving responsibilities.
See Service Fees
See Eligibility requirements for our services
Answers to your Questions
1. Our Respite Care workers can:
• Provide caregiver relief
• Give support and companionship
• Maintain a safe environment
• Provide personal care as needed
• Carry out instructions on special needs
• Prepare simple meals
• Provide physical and mental stimulation
2. Who provides the service in our home?
We will send one of our qualified Home/Personal Support Workers (HSW/PSW).
3. Can I request a HSW/PSW who speaks a specific language?
We do our best to accommodate the needs of the client when matching HSW/PSW’s who speak a variety of languages. However, based on demand and availability we cannot guarantee that we are able to meet a specific language need. Please see Accessibility.