Work with our excellent culinary team
Deliver quality lunches at one of our many locations in West Toronto.
Join our team to provide nutritious lunches to older adults in a community setting. Share your kitchen and culinary skills with a non-profit agency. Volunteers will help to set-up, prepare and serve food at one of our dining locations. Must enjoy working in a team environment with other volunteers and staff and socializing with the older adult clients we serve. Light food preparation for luncheons, sandwich and salad making are often required. If you have a specialty skill such as pastry, dessert or soup skills we love to hear from you! This position is ideal for someone with daytime availability who is willing to learn to be a team member or experience working in a community-based kitchen.
- Must be 18 yrs. of age or over.
- Basic understanding of English
- Must wear enclosed footwear for safety
- Reliable, punctual, detail oriented
- Able to work in a team
- Food preparation an asset but not required
- Enjoy a lunch at the end of each event.
- Meet new friends and network with our professional staff
- Access to our Volunteer Training/Growth series each month
- Reimbursement for travelling to and from location (2 tokens per route)
A minimum of 6 months, at least once per week.