We currently have positions available for volunteers to assist with various Health and Wellness Programs that address seniors’ needs in the different aspects of well-being (social, recreational, educational).
- Participate in social and recreational activities with participants and help to provide a comfortable and social program environment
- Work with participants and staff on specific programs (i.e. crafts, games, special events, educational information sessions, etc.)
- Provide support and one-to-one attention for each participant
- Assist staff with room set-up and clean up (i.e. moving tables, setting up chairs, etc.) of the activity area
- Assist participants with supplies and instructions
- Prepare and serve refreshments to participants
- Mandatory initial interview and orientation to agency and programs
- Ongoing training and support is provided
Skills and Experience Required
- Caring and interested in assisting seniors during the programs
- Commitment, reliability and punctuality are require
- Works well one-on-one and in a group setting
- Interest in the well-being of older adults
- Be friendly and patient
Join our team today!
How to Apply:
Call (416) 249-7946 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or any questions.