Be the smiling face that makes a difference!
Work with a driver to deliver meals from vehicle to front door.
The runner is the back-seat delivery coordinator, ensuring correct meals in thermal bags are delivered to clients. Runners deliver the meal from the car to the front door while the driver waits. Position is flexible regarding how many days of the week or month you can commit. Each delivery route only takes 2 hours – usually between 10:30am and 12:30pm and comprises of 10-12 homes. All deliveries are located in our service area and within easy driving distance from our main office.
Friends, couples and family members welcome! Especially if one would like to drive for the runner.
Our isolated clients depend on meals-on-wheels volunteers as a daily safety check and ensure one hot meal a day is provided.
- Able to lift 10 to 20lbs.
- Must be 18yrs. of age or over.
- Basic understanding of English
- Must wear enclosed footwear for safety
- Reliable, punctual, detail oriented and able to work with a partner.
- Enjoy our daily refreshments each morning!
- Meet new friends and network with our professional staff
- Access to our Volunteer Training/Growth series each month
- Reimbursement for travelling to and from our office (2 tokens per route)
- Experience the smile of satisfied clients as you help deliver a hot meal to their home.
A minimum of 3 months, at least once per week.
Join our team today!
Call (416) 653-3535 Ext. 247 or email email@example.com